Creating a Level Playing Field in the Workplace Online Training Course
Federal contractors and subcontractors need to take affirmative action to ensure that all individuals have an equal opportunity for employment, pursuant to Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA).Violations of these directives can result in steep penalties for affected companies. This includes monetary fines, expensive administrative proceeds, cancellation of federal contracts, and even debarment as a federal contractor.Periodic audits by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) make it essential for learners to understand and avoid potentially discriminatory conduct, know the purpose and basics of an Affirmative Action Plan, and receive guidance on how to prepare for and respond to an OFCCP audit.This course is a combination of Affirmative Action 101 and Preventing Workplace Discrimination specifically designed to meet OFCCP and EEOC training requirements. It gives learners a way to submit anonymous questions to, and receive guidance on best practices from, Emtrain’s course experts and publishes your Affirmative Action Plan to managers consistent with OFCCP guidelines.
This course provides a comprehensive solution for federal contractors and subcontractors looking to comply with the spirit and letter of Affirmative Action Programs. It gives managers practical guidance on maintaining a workplace that embraces equal opportunity and an introduction to Affirmative Action Programs and OFCCP audits. With respect to promoting equal opportunity, the course introduces the legal definition of workplace discrimination and the concept and impact of unconscious bias in the workplace. With respect to OFCCP compliance, the course teaches managers how to identify and understand the primary objectives of your Affirmative Action Plan, prepare for audits by OFCCP staff, and use prior enforcement examples to prepare for a successful OFCCP audit. It also gives learners the ability to submit anonymous questions to and receive guidance on best practices from Emtrain’s course experts through our innovative Q&A feature. The course also publishes your Affirmative Action Plan to managers, consistent with OFCCP guidelines.
Course length: 60 minutes
- What is Equal Employment Opportunity?
- What is unlawful discrimination?
- Examples of discrimination
- What is harassment?
- What is retaliation?
- How to prevent discrimination
- How to prepare for an audit
- Course meets training requirements of EEOC and OFCCP, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA)
- Establishes an employer’s good faith efforts to create a discrimination-free workplace
- Demonstrates an employer’s duty to publish its Affirmative Action Plan of a federal contractor or subcontractor
- Prepares and protects federal contractors and subcontractors from OFCCP audits
- Gives learners access to Emtrain experts for best practices on this topic
- Tailored to include your branding, policy, and Affirmative Action Plan
- Available in English and Spanish