Job and Hiring Restrictions Online Training Course
Few things are as important to an organization’s health and performance as finding and hiring the right people.The problem is often that hiring managers simply do not look at or understand the hiring lifecycle—from defining job requirements, to the recruiting, interviewing, the application processes, and even job offers.Hiring managers that fail to understand the do’s and don’ts of interviewing and hiring may miss out on the best candidates; compromise your mission, values, diversity initiatives, and workplace performance; or expose your organization to discrimination in hiring claims.
This course is an overview of all the steps in the hiring process, from legal parameters to practical tips. Managers, supervisors, and employees will understand how to establish and validate job requirements, implement effective recruiting programs, conduct a legally compliant and effective interview, and the importance of references and/or background checks. Managers will also learn best practices associated with all aspects of the hiring process and will have direct access to Emtrain’s course experts. This allows them to anonymously ask questions via our innovative Expert Q&A feature.
Course length: 60 minutes
Audience: Managers and employees
- Teaches managers the basics of interviewing restrictions and effective interviewing skills
- The importance of job requirements and descriptions
- How to screen and test applicants
- Do’s and dont’s of interviewing
- Reference and background checks
- Medical exams and drug testing
- How to extend a job offer
- Gives learners access to an Emtrain expert for best practices on this topic
- Tailored to include your branding and policy
- Available in English