Inclusion and Belonging Training
Creating Diverse, Inclusive, and Safe Workplaces
Diversity is a fact of life in today’s workplace. Some stakeholders see it as a way to foster positive coworker relationships and a reflection of organizational values. Others see it as a practical necessity for high performing teams and financial success for the organization. While companies might be focused on creating more diverse teams, a headcount just isn't enough. People leaders must focus on creating an inclusive safe for everyone to feel like they belong in the workplace. Without inclusion and belonging, diversity doesn't stand a chance.
This course explains the benefits of creating a workplace where everyone can be their authentic selves. And it gives learners practical guidance and strategies so they know how they can help build a workplace that works better – for everyone.
Course length: 30 minutes
Audience: Managers and Employees
- What “identity filters” are and how they shape who we are and how we view the world.
- How to use curiosity and commonality to bridge the gap and find common ground with people who have different backgrounds, values, experience levels and work styles.
- How team composed of people with different backgrounds, values, experience levels and work styles deliver better business decisions and results.
- The true costs of “covering” when people feel like they can’t be their authentic selves at work.
- How each of us can use our power to make room for others.
- Community Polling Questions dynamically give insights into other learners’ answers and assessments
- Option to add, remove, or exchange scenarios from our library
- Gives learners direct access to Emtrain subject matter experts for best practices
- Shares anonymized, curated questions submitted by learners and answered by Emtrain experts
- Tailored to include your branding and policies
- Available in Spanish
Emtrain founder and CEO Janine Yancey is a passionate advocate for healthy workplace cultures. Janine’s unique approach blends technology, behavioral science, data analytics, and social media inspired interactions to help inform and improve workplace behavior. Janine presides over a team of experts and an extensive library of content including courses, video, resource guides, checklists and analytic reports that define the modern workplace.
Janine is a proponent of neutral, third-party guidance and problem-solving. By orchestrating a publicly-accessible community interface for employee questions and concerns, Janine stays at the forefront of real world, real-time harassment, bias, discrimination, and ethics issues.